Hello JBF Family,
We are in the midst of summer and for us in Japan please stay safe during typhoon season and stay cool and hydrated during the hot weather!
Remember to pray for traveling mercies and protection as some are on home assignment, some are traveling, and some will be taking vacation.
Here is the latest JBF UPDATE:
- Elise Gabrielle LaPoint (photo below) was born on July 17. Pray for Patrick and Megan (and Elise) LaPoint as they continue in partner development.
- Addison & Abigail Zody (photo below) had their interview with the Career Interview Committee yesterday morning and were officially appointed as Open Assignment missionaries with WorldVenture! They are hoping to serve as the Short-term Coordinators in Japan! They were the last to be interviewed with this group of appointees….and they blew the interview committee away! They did amazing!
- The Chang Family photo below (Gary & Jennifer, Caleb, Abigail) scheduled to arrive in Tokyo this September. Pray for all the preparations for their arrival and transition. The Chang family is part of the Church Multiplication Team and are joining the Cross Project families in the Kanagawa area.
ON THE MOVE:
- Charles and Anne Marie Smoker moved this July from Osaka to Tokyo due to new ministry assignments. They continue to be with the Support Ministry Team as Charles is seconded to CAJ for coaching. Anne Marie to offer her Organizational Skills available to JBF missionaries/ministries.
JBF OFFICE & ADMINISTRATION (SUMMER SCHEDULE)
- Summer schedule – note that JBF office will take a tw0-week summer vacation beginning Aug 13 – 24. JBF office will open on Aug 27 (Mon).
- Communication – use email for regular business/office transactions.
- Emergency – incase of urgent needs, please contact Terumi Tanaka <firstname.lastname@example.org> or call her mobile # 09036843783.
- Ministry-related – all team leaders (Kevin Laverman, Jacquie Willson, Andy Meeko) are currently on home assignment. In case of ministry related issues that need immediate response, you may contact me (Ken Taylor) at <email@example.com>.
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS: (Visa, Resident Card, Passport, Drivers License)
- As a reminder, please check expiration dates of important document.
- If you have updated any of the above mentioned, please send digital copies to JJ Matsumura <firstname.lastname@example.org>
As I write this JBF update, I am at Narita airport enroute to California to visit supporting churches for the summer.
I continue to praise God and pray for each of you!Ken Taylor